Friday, June 01, 2007

77. Another Amarillo TX Teardrop


I haven't posted here in a long time. Haven't had the trailer out in a long time either.


Here's a picture of another teardrop trailer being built by Ken & Noel in Amarillo. They also have a blog showing their progress. They seem to be getting it together pretty rapidly so far, and I really like the classic traditional style of this trailer.


This makes about 6 of these trailers in the Amarillo area that I know of. Soon, we'll all get together and have a teardrop trailer race. Or something.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am starting from this point on my trailer design. In 1990 I built a lightweight trailer for carrying my tools behind a little Toyota Tercel and it worked fine with a 2 x 2 x 1/8" steel frame.
I see most teardrop designs use a commercial frame as a basis. With a custom frame with a goose neck hitch and dropped axle I believe you could gain both space and aerodynamics. If you extended the frame so it enclosed the wheels you would also gain space and aerodynamics. Are there dropped axles around you might suggest would be a good basis for this design?

What primary design features do you see as common failures for those who atempt to built thise teardrops trailers for the first time?

I thank you for your attetnion in these matters.

Gene So

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I found your blog today and read every post. I'd sure like a follow-up post now that you've had them a few years. What worked? What didn't? Any upgrades? Surprises? Have any of you planned to build another one? Thanks!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camper Trailers Brisbane Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters